Posted/Revised: August 15, 2016
TERMS OF SERVICE
PLEASE READ THESE TERMS OF SERVICE CAREFULLY. BY CLICKING “ACCEPT TERM & CONDITION,” CUSTOMER AGREES TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS.
This Terms of Service Agreement (the “Agreement”) is made and entered into by and between you and Payrollbozz (“Vendor”, “Payrollbozz”, “we” or “our”). This Agreement contains the terms and conditions that govern the use of, and the terms and conditions upon which Payrollbozz will provide to you certain payroll, human resources and other related services through our website (collectively, the “Service”).
Your access to and use of Payrollbozz is subject exclusively to these Terms and Conditions. If you use the Services on behalf of an entity, company or orga nization, you agree to these Terms on behalf of such entity, company or organization and promise that you have the authority to bind such entity, company or organization to these Terms. If applicable, “your” will refer to the entity, company or organization that you represent. You will not use the Website for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these Terms and Conditions. By using the Website you are fully accepting the terms, conditions and disclaimers contained in this notice. By accessing or using the Service, you are consenting to be bound by the terms of this Agreement.
This Agreement is applicable to all persons who use or access the Service, in their company’s capacity or on an individual capacity, including authorized users representing the employer, its employees or other persons using or accessing the Service (collectively, “Users”, “Customer”). If you are agreeing to these terms on behalf of a business, you represent and warrant that you have authority to bind that business to this Agreement, and your agreement to these terms will be treated as the agreement of the business. In that event, “you” and “your” refer to that business.
- THE SYSTEM
- Use of the System. During the Term, Customer may access and use the System pursuant to: (a) the terms of any outstanding Order, including such features and functions as the Order requires; and (b) Vendor’s policies posted on its Website at http://www.payrollbozz.com/policy, as such policies may be updated from time to time.
- Documentation: Customer may reproduce and use the Documentation solely as necessary to support Users’ use of the System.
- System Revisions. Vendor may revise System features and functions at any time, including without limitation by removing such features and functions or reducing service levels. If any such revision to the System materially reduces features or functionality provided pursuant to an Order, Customer may within 30 days of notice of the revision terminate such Order, without cause, or terminate this Agreement without cause if such Order is the only one outstanding.
- Customer’s Clients. Customer may authorize Customer’s Clients to access and use the System in such numbers and according to such restrictions as are set forth in the applicable Order. Customer shall: (a) provide complete name and contact information for each proposed Customer’s Client upon or before providing such access, and update such information as soon as it become aware of a change; and (b) require that each Customer’s Client execute the then-standard Client ToS. Customer shall make no representations or warranties regarding the System or any other matter, to Customer’s Clients or Users or any other third party, from or on behalf of Vendor, and Customer shall not create or purport to create any obligations or liabilities for Vendor. Vendor may reject any proposed Customer’s Client for any reason that does not violate applicable law, in its sole discretion. Customer shall be jointly and severally liable to Vendor for Customer’s Client’s compliance with the Client ToS. Vendor shall have no obligation to provide support or other services, or other remedies to Customer’s Clients.
- SYSTEM FEES
Customer shall pay Vendor the fee set forth in each Order (the “Subscription Fee”) for each Term. Vendor will not be required to refund the Subscription Fee under any circumstances.
- THE SYSTEM
- CUSTOMER DATA & PRIVACY
- Use of Customer Data. Unless it receives Customer’s prior written consent, Vendor: (a) shall not access, process, or otherwise use Customer Data other than as necessary to facilitate the System; and (b) shall not intentionally grant any third party access to Customer Data, including without limitation Vendor’s other customers, except subcontractors that are subject to a reasonable nondisclosure agreement. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Vendor may disclose Customer Data as required by applicable law or by proper legal or governmental authority. Vendor shall give Customer prompt notice of any such legal or governmental demand and reasonably cooperate with Customer in any effort to seek a protective order or otherwise to contest such required disclosure, at Customer’s expense.
- Risk of Exposure. Customer recognizes and agrees that hosting data online involves risks of unauthorized disclosure or exposure and that, in accessing and using the System, Customer assumes such risks. Vendor offers no representation, warranty, or guarantee that Customer Data will not be exposed or disclosed through errors or the actions of third parties.
- Data Accuracy. Vendor shall have no responsibility or liability for the accuracy of data uploaded to the System by Customer, including without limitation Customer Data and any other data uploaded by Users.
- Data Deletion. Vendor may permanently erase Customer Data if Customer’s account is delinquent, suspended, or terminated for 30 days or more.
- Excluded Data. Customer represents and warrants that Customer Data does not and will not include, and Customer has not and shall not upload or transmit to Vendor’s computers or other media, any data (“Excluded Data”) regulated. CUSTOMER RECOGNIZES AND AGREES THAT: (a) VENDOR HAS NO LIABILITY FOR ANY FAILURE TO PROVIDE PROTECTIONS SET FORTH IN THE EXCLUDED DATA LAWS OR OTHERWISE TO PROTECT EXCLUDED DATA; AND (b) VENDOR’S SYSTEMS ARE NOT INTENDED FOR MANAGEMENT OR PROTECTION OF EXCLUDED DATA AND MAY NOT PROVIDE ADEQUATE OR LEGALLY REQUIRED SECURITY FOR EXCLUDED DATA.
- Aggregate & Anonymized Data. Notwithstanding the provisions above of this Article 3, Vendor may use, reproduce, sell, publicize, or otherwise exploit Aggregate Data in any way, in its sole discretion. (“Aggregate Data” refers to Customer Data with the following removed: personally identifiable information and the names and addresses of Customer and any of its Users).
- CUSTOMER DATA & PRIVACY
- CUSTOMER’S RESPONSIBILITIES & RESTRICTIONS
- Acceptable Use. Customer shall not: (a) use the System for service bureau or time-sharing purposes or in any other way allow third parties to exploit the System, except Customer’s Clients as specifically authorized by this Agreement; (b) provide System passwords or other log-in information to any third party, except Customer’s Clients as specifically authorized by this Agreement; (c) share non-public System features or content with any third party; or (d) access the System in order to build a competitive product or service, to build a product using similar ideas, features, functions or graphics of the System, or to copy any ideas, features, functions or graphics of the System. Customer must provide the necessary customer registration data for the Services and must immediately inform vendor of any changes to the data. Customer is liable for the accuracy of any data it has provided via the Service. In the event that it suspects any breach of the requirements of this Section 1, including without limitation by Users, Vendor may suspend Customer’s access to the System without advanced notice, in addition to such other remedies as Vendor may have. Neither this Agreement that Vendor take any action against Customer or any User or other third party for violating the Agreement, this Section 4.1, or this Agreement, but Vendor is free to take any such action it sees fit.
- Unauthorized Access. Customer shall take reasonable steps to prevent unauthorized access to the System, including without limitation by protecting its passwords and other log-in information. Customer shall notify Vendor immediately of any known or suspected unauthorized use of the System or breach of its security and shall use best efforts to stop said breach.
- Compliance with Laws. In its use of the System, Customer shall comply with all applicable laws, including without limitation laws governing the protection of personally identifiable information and other laws applicable to the protection of Customer Data.
- Customer’s Clients & Other Users; System Access. Customer is responsible and liable for: (a) Customer’s Clients’ and other Users’ use of the System, including without limitation unauthorized User conduct and any User conduct that would violate the Agreement or the requirements of this Agreement applicable to Customer; and (b) any use of the System through Customer’s account, whether authorized or unauthorized.
- IP & FEEDBACK
- IP Rights to the System. Vendor retains all right, title, and interest in and to the System, including without limitation all software used to provide the System and all graphics, user interfaces, logos, and trademarks reproduced through the System. This Agreement does not grant Customer any intellectual property license or rights in or to the System or any of its components. Customer recognizes that the System and its components are protected by copyright and other laws.
- Feedback. Vendor has not agreed to and does not agree to treat as confidential any Feedback (as defined below) that Customer, Customer’s Clients, or other Users provide to Vendor, and nothing in this Agreement or in the parties’ dealings arising out of or related to this Agreement will restrict Vendor’s right to use, profit from, disclose, publish, keep secret, or otherwise exploit Feedback, without compensating or crediting Customer or the Customer’s Client or other User in question. (“Feedback” refers to any suggestion or idea for improving or otherwise modifying any of Vendor’s products or services).
- CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION
“Confidential Information” refers to the following items Vendor discloses to Customer: (a) any document Vendor marks “Confidential”; (b) any information Vendor orally designates as “Confidential” at the time of disclosure, provided Vendor confirms such designation in writing within 30 business days; (c) the Documentation, whether or not marked or designated confidential; and (d) any other nonpublic, sensitive information disclosed by Vendor, whether or not marked or designated “Confidential.” Notwithstanding the foregoing, Confidential Information does not include information that: (i) is in Customer’s possession at the time of disclosure; (ii) is independently developed by Customer without use of or reference to Confidential Information; (iii) becomes known publicly, before or after disclosure, other than as a result of Customer’s improper action or inaction; or (iv) is approved for release in writing by Customer.
- CUSTOMER’S RESPONSIBILITIES & RESTRICTIONS
- Nondisclosure. Customer shall not use Confidential Information for any purpose (the “Purpose”). Customer: (a) shall not disclose Confidential Information to any employee or contractor of Customer unless such person needs access in order to facilitate the Purpose and executes a nondisclosure agreement with Customer with terms no less restrictive than those of this Article 6; and (b) shall not disclose Confidential Information to any other third party without Vendor’s prior written consent. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, Customer shall protect Confidential Information with the same degree of care it uses to protect its own confidential information of similar nature and importance, but with no less than reasonable care. Customer shall promptly notify Vendor of any misuse or misappropriation of Confidential Information that comes to Customer’s attention. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Customer may disclose Confidential Information as required by applicable law or by proper legal or governmental authority. Customer shall give Vendor prompt notice of any such legal or governmental demand and reasonably cooperate with Vendor in any effort to seek a protective order or otherwise to contest such required disclosure, at Vendor’s expense.
- Injunction. Customer agrees that breach of this Article 6 would cause Vendor irreparable injury, for which monetary damages would not provide adequate compensation, and that in addition to any other remedy, Vendor will be entitled to injunctive relief against such breach or threatened breach, without proving actual damage or posting a bond or other security.
- Termination & Return. With respect to each item of Confidential Information, the obligations of Section 1 above (Nondisclosure) will terminate customer’s account after the date of disclosure. Upon termination of this Agreement, Customer shall return all copies of Confidential Information to Vendor or certify, in writing, the destruction thereof.
- Retention of Rights. This Agreement does not transfer ownership of Confidential Information or grant a license thereto. Vendor will retain all right, title, and interest in and to all Confidential Information.
- REPRESENTATIONS & WARRANTIES
- From Vendor. Vendor represents and warrants that it is the owner of the System and of each and every component thereof, or the recipient of a valid license thereto, and that it has and will maintain the full power and authority to grant the rights granted in this Agreement without the further consent of any third party. Vendor’s representations and warranties in the preceding sentence do not apply to use of the System in combination with hardware or software not provided by Vendor. In the event of a breach of the warranty in this Section 1, Vendor, at its own expense, will promptly take the following actions: (a) secure for Customer the right to continue using the System; (b) replace or modify the System to make it noninfringing; or (c) terminate the infringing features of the Service and refund to Customer any prepaid fees for such features, in proportion to the portion of the Term left after such termination. In conjunction with Customer’s right to terminate for breach where applicable, the preceding sentence states Vendor’s sole obligation and liability, and Customer’s sole remedy, for breach of the warranty in this Section 7.1 and for potential or actual intellectual property infringement by the System.
- From Customer.
- Re Customer Itself. Customer represents and warrants that: (i) it has the full right and authority to enter into, execute, and perform its obligations under this Agreement and that no pending or threatened claim or litigation known to it would have a material adverse impact on its ability to perform as required by this Agreement; (ii) it has accurately identified itself and it has not provided any inaccurate information about itself to or through the System; and (iii) it is a corporation, the sole proprietorship of an individual 18 years or older, or another entity authorized to do business pursuant to applicable
- Re Customer’s Clients. Customer represents and warrants that, to the best of its knowledge: (i) each Customer’s Client will have the full right and authority to enter into, execute, and perform its obligations as required under this Agreement and the Client ToS, with no pending or threatened claim or litigation that would have a material adverse impact on its ability so to perform; (ii) Customer will accurately identify each Customer’s Client and will not provide any inaccurate information about a Customer’s Client or other User to or through the System; and (iii) each Customer’s Client will be a corporation, the sole proprietorship of an individual 18 years or older, or another entity authorized to do business pursuant to applicable
- Warranty Disclaimers. Except in Section 1 above, CUSTOMER ACCEPTS THE SYSTEM “AS IS” AND AS AVAILABLE, WITH NO REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY ARISING FROM STATUTE, COURSE OF DEALING, COURSE OF PERFORMANCE, OR USAGE OF TRADE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING: (a) VENDOR HAS NO OBLIGATION TO INDEMNIFY OR DEFEND CUSTOMER OR USERS AGAINST CLAIMS RELATED TO INFRINGEMENT OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY; (b) VENDOR DOES NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT THAT THE SYSTEM WILL PERFORM WITHOUT INTERRUPTION OR ERROR; AND (c) VENDOR DOES NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT THAT THE SYSTEM IS SECURE FROM HACKING OR OTHER UNAUTHORIZED INTRUSION OR THAT CUSTOMER DATA WILL REMAIN PRIVATE OR SECURE.
Customer shall defend, indemnify, and hold harmless Vendor and the Vendor Associates (as defined below) against any “Indemnified Claim,” meaning any third party claim, suit, or proceeding arising out of or related to Customer’s alleged or actual use of, misuse of, or failure to use the System, including without limitation: (a) claims by Customer’s Clients or other Users or by Customer’s or Customer’s Clients’ employees; (b) claims related to unauthorized disclosure or exposure of personally identifiable information or other private information, including Customer Data; (c) claims related to infringement or violation of a copyright, trademark, trade secret, or privacy or confidentiality right by written material, images, logos or other content uploaded to the System through Customer’s account, including without limitation by Customer Data; and (d) claims that use of the System through Customer’s account, including by Customer’s Clients or other Users, harasses, defames, or defrauds a third party or violates the CAN-Spam Act of 2003 or any other law or restriction on electronic advertising. Indemnified Claims include, without limitation, claims arising out of or related to Vendor’s negligence. Customer’s obligations set forth in this Article 8 include retention and payment of attorneys and payment of court costs, as well as settlement at Customer’s expense and payment of judgments. Vendor will have the right, not to be exercised unreasonably, to reject any settlement or compromise that requires that it admit wrongdoing or liability or subjects it to any ongoing affirmative obligations. (The “Vendor Associates” are Vendor’s officers, directors, shareholders, parents, subsidiaries, agents, successors, and assigns).
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
- Dollar Cap. VENDOR’S LIABILITY ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THIS AGREEMENT WILL NOT EXCEED $50.
- Exclusion of Consequential Damages. IN NO EVENT WILL VENDOR BE LIABLE TO CUSTOMER FOR ANY CONSEQUENTIAL, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THIS AGREEMENT.
- Clarifications & Disclaimers. THE LIABILITIES LIMITED BY THIS ARTICLE 9 APPLY: (a) TO LIABILITY FOR NEGLIGENCE; (b) REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF ACTION, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT, STRICT PRODUCT LIABILITY, OR OTHERWISE; (c) EVEN IF VENDOR IS ADVISED IN ADVANCE OF THE POSSIBILITY OF THE DAMAGES IN QUESTION AND EVEN IF SUCH DAMAGES WERE FORESEEABLE; AND (d) EVEN IF CUSTOMER’S REMEDIES FAIL OF THEIR ESSENTIAL PURPOSE. If applicable law limits the application of the provisions of this Article 9, Vendor’s liability will be limited to the maximum extent permissible. For the avoidance of doubt, Vendor’s liability limits and other rights set forth in this Article 9 apply likewise to Vendor’s affiliates, licensors, suppliers, advertisers, agents, sponsors, directors, officers, employees, consultants, and other repr.
- TERM & TERMINATION
- Term. The term of this Agreement (the “Term”) shall commence on the Effective Date and continue for the period set forth in the Order or, if none, for 1 month. Thereafter, the Term will renew for successive 1 periods, unless either party refuses such renewal by written notice 10 or more days before the renewal date.
- Termination for Cause. Either party may terminate this Agreement for the other’s material breach by written notice, effective in 30 days unless the other party first cures such breach. Without limiting Vendor’s other rights and remedies, Vendor may suspend or terminate a Customer’s Client’s or other User’s access to the System at any time, without advanced notice, if Vendor reasonably concludes such Customer’s Client or other User has conducted itself in a way that is not consistent with the requirements of this Agreement or in a way that subjects Vendor to potential liability.
- Effects of Termination. Upon termination of this Agreement, Customer shall cease all use of the System and delete, destroy, or return all copies of the Documentation in its possession or control. The following provisions will survive termination or expiration of this Agreement: (a) any obligation of Customer to pay fees incurred before termination; (b) Articles and Sections 5 (IP & Feedback), 6 (Confidential Information), 2 (Warranty Disclaimers), 8 (Indemnification), and 9 (Limitation of Liability); and (c) any other provision of this Agreement that must survive to fulfill its essential purpose.
- Independent Contractors. The parties are independent contractors and will so represent themselves in all regards. Neither party is the agent of the other, and neither may make commitments on the other’s behalf. The parties agree that no Vendor employee or contractor will be an employee of Customer.
- Notices. Vendor may send notices pursuant to this Agreement to Customer’s email contact points provided by Customer, and such notices will be deemed received 24 hours after they are sent.
- Force Majeure. No delay, failure, or default, other than a failure to pay fees when due, will constitute a breach of this Agreement to the extent caused by acts of war, terrorism, hurricanes, earthquakes, other acts of God or of nature, strikes or other labor disputes, riots or other acts of civil disorder, embargoes, or other causes beyond the performing party’s reasonable control.
- Assignment & Successors. Customer may not assign this Agreement or any of its rights or obligations hereunder without Vendor’s express written consent. Except to the extent forbidden in this Section 4, this Agreement will be binding upon and inure to the benefit of the parties’ respective successors and assigns.
- Severability. To the extent permitted by applicable law, the parties hereby waive any provision of law that would render any clause of this Agreement invalid or otherwise unenforceable in any respect. In the event that a provision of this Agreement is held to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, such provision will be interpreted to fulfill its intended purpose to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, and the remaining provisions of this Agreement will continue in full force and effect.
- No Waiver. Neither party will be deemed to have waived any of its rights under this Agreement by lapse of time or by any statement or representation other than by an authorized representative in an explicit written waiver. No waiver of a breach of this Agreement will constitute a waiver of any other breach of this Agreement.
- Choice of Law & Jurisdiction: This Agreement will be governed solely by the internal laws of Indonesia, without reference to: (a) any conflicts of law principle that would apply the substantive laws of another jurisdiction to the parties’ rights or duties; (b) other international laws. The parties consent to the personal and exclusive jurisdiction of the federal and state courts of Indonesia.
- Construction. The parties agree that the terms of this Agreement result from negotiations between them. This Agreement will not be construed in favor of or against either party by reason of authorship.
- Technology Export. Customer shall not: (a) permit any third party to access or use the System in violation of any Indonesia law or regulation; or (b) export any software provided by Vendor or otherwise remove it from the Indonesia except in compliance with all applicable Indonesia laws and regulations.
- Entire Agreement. This Agreement sets forth the entire agreement of the parties and supersedes all prior or contemporaneous writings, negotiations, and discussions with respect to its subject matter. Neither party has relied upon any such prior or contemporaneous communications.